Welcome to the Class 10 Page.
Hope you have had a nice weekend.
For this week’s school work please look at the details below.
Week commencing, 6th April
Here are your spelling rules for this week and the words you need to practise.
Common Exception Words
forward, fruit, grammar, group, guard, guide, heard, heart, height, history, imagine, increase, important, interest, island, knowledge and learn.
g spelt gue and k spelt que
league, tongue, antique, unique, plague, dialogue, rogue, vague, catalogue and monologue.
Practise writing the words and write the words in sentences to make sure you understand what the words mean.
You can also use the following website to practise your spelling rule by playing games.
In school, we have been learning about Europe. This week, I have chosen a text about Spain to further develop your knowledge about Europe. Read the Exploring Countries: Spain text (reading lesson). Write a letter to Miss Kelly about whether or not you would like to visit Spain. You could use the knowledge you already have do some more research. In your letter, you could include:
- An introduction to tell Miss Kelly why you are writing
- A paragraph about whether you would like to visit Spain or not
- A paragraph about one of the reasons why/why not you would like to visit Spain
- A paragraph about another reason why/why not you would like to visit Spain
- A conclusion to sum up your main points
When writing your letter don’t forget to include the following:
- Full stops and capital letters
- Subordinating conjunctions (if, so, because, when, which, however etc.)
- A variety of sentence openers
- Prepositions (before, after, during, in, because of)
- Plus anything else you usually include in your writing.
Don’t forgot to check your writing for missing words, spelling and punctuation.
Week Commencing 30th March