Newsletter February 2023
Message from the Headteacher
As we continue to fly through another term, it has been great to speak to a lot of you about the positive experiences your children are having in school. As a school, we value experiences that are outside of academic lessons, so it has been great to see so many children having the the chance to learn outside of the classroom. One of my highlights so far this term was visiting Carlton with our Year 6 children. It was great to see them making life long memories whilst challenging themselves to take part in activities they hadn’t done before. Well done to all the children who attended; we are glad you had such a fun time. Thank you to all of you who continue to engage with our social media pages. We will continue to use these as much as possible to ensure that you can join us in celebrating all of the amazing things that are happening in school.
Please continue to read the rest of this newsletter so that you know what else is coming up!
Thank you to those who have already been accessing our wraparound care. We have had good feedback so far with the children taking part in lots of fun activities – many of these can be seen on our Facebook page! If you would like your child/children to attend wraparound care, please speak to the office. Sessions are £5 per day, per child.
Parents evening appointments will be held across 2 weeks starting Monday 6th March to Friday 24th March. Having 2 weeks to hold appointments last term saw us with our highest attendance at parents evening for a long time, so we encourage you to take this opportunity again to find out how your child is getting on. In addition to these two weeks, we are inviting parents to look at their child’s books in the week before parents evening starts. By giving you the opportunity to look at books before your meeting, it allows you time to think about any questions you may have for teachers before your meeting. Books will be available to look at on the following dates and times:
- Monday 27th February 3.00pm – 3.30pm – Year 3 and 4
- Tuesday 28th February 3.00pm – 3.30pm – Year 5 and 6
- Wednesday 1st March 3.00pm – 3.30pm – Year 1 and 2
- Thursday 2nd March 3.00pm – 3.30pm – Reception
If your child is off for any reason, you must telephone the office to let us know. If a child is ill through sickness then they must stay off for 48 hours from the last time the child was sick. Research shows that good attendance is linked with higher achievement. If a child is off, then it can have a serious impact on their education and at Corporation Road, we want all children to have the best possible start to their school career.
Key Events This Term – more details to follow for each event
- Coffee Morning – Thursday 16th February 8.45am – 10.30am – entrance on Bartlett Street
- World Book Day – Thursday 2nd March – children are invited to dress up as a book character or wear non uniform.
- Parents Evening – Monday 6th March to Friday 24th March
- Comic Relief – Friday 17th March
- Easter Egg Competition – Friday 31st March
- Year 6 Back Chat Brass Performance – Friday 31st March 11.00am – 12.00pm Year 6 parents are welcome to attend
- Easter Holidays – Monday 3rd April – Friday 14th April – School will be closed
Key Events for Summer Term – more to follow
- PD Days for Eid – Friday 21st April and Thursday 29th June – School will be closed
- Bank Holidays – Monday 1st May and Monday 8th May – School will be closed
- Eid Party – Wednesday 3rd May 3.30pm – 5.00pm
- May Half Term – Monday 29th May – Friday 2nd June – School will be closed
- Summer Fair – Wednesday 12th July 2.00pm – 4.30pm
Thank you for your continued support,