A warm welcome to Year 1! Our names are Miss Daniel and Mrs. Nixon and we are pleased to be working in Classes 5 and 6 this year. I’m sure your child is ready to learn and have fun!
Our Topic this half term is called Memory Box!
- Science will include talking about ourselves, sequencing and discussing changes from a baby to an adult. We would also like the children to bring in photographs to show when they were a baby / toddler / being in Nursery and if possible, any special items that may have been kept that belonged to your child. We will therefore be comparing what we can do now to what we did then. We will also be carrying out investigations using our senses.
- In English, we will be reading and sequencing events from Traditional Tales that include Little Red Riding Hood.
- We will also be writing lists, labels and captions including entering text on the computers in
- In Art, we will be discussing family celebrations the children have participated in and painting pictures to show these special memories and in Design and Technology, the children will also design and create their own Memory Box. Therefore, if possible, we would like your child to bring in a box they could use for this such as a shoe box.
- In Maths, we will continue to work on writing numbers and counting, adding and subtracting within 20 as naming shapes, finding a half and a quarter of shapes. We will also apply this to solving real life problems including using money and telling the time. In addition, we will work on sequencing events during the day and completing patterns of number, shapes and colours too.
- In Music, we will be exploring songs that help us to remember facts.
If you have any questions or queries or want to discuss any issues regarding your child, please do not hesitate to come and speak to us.